Entrance Scholastic Distinction Scholarships
- Value: up to $50,000
- Application Open: January 7, 2013
- Closing Deadline: March 5, 2013
- Approximately 60 scholarships are available
The Scholastic Distinction Scholarship Program recognizes the top academic students from across Canada and around the world. The Scholastic Distinction Scholarships are among the most valuable and prestigious undergraduate scholarships awarded by the University of Alberta.
- be entering an undergraduate degree program at the U of A in September 2013
- have maintained an award average of approximately 95%+ in Grades 10, 11 and 12 [+][–]
- provide completed and in-progress Grade 12 grades
- provide projected Grade 12 grades for those in-progress classes (your academic reference must indicate which classess are currently in-progress)
- provide an academic reference and student essay
How to Apply
- The application is available through Bear Tracks or you can go directly to the site by clicking here. Students must have applied for admission to a degree program to the University of Alberta. You will receive a CCID and password through this process and must use this to access the application.
- Transcripts must be original and will only be accepted by submitting in-person or by mail (faxed and e-mailed copies will not be accepted)
- Alberta students: Alberta Learning course/mark inquiry must be provided
- Non-Alberta students: Official high school or Department of Education transcript must be provided
- Please send transcripts to:
- Entrance Scholastic Distinction Scholarship Competition
Student Awards Office
120 Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2M7
- Reference information:
- Reference information must be completed and submitted online through a secure site. Referees will receive an auto-generated email to the email address provided by the applicant on the online student application form. Reference letters in any other format (in-person, mailed, faxed or emailed) will NOT be accepted.
- Reference must be an official school representative (the University of Alberta reserves the right to verify any information submitted). Please give your reference at least 1-2 weeks time to complete the information.
- Be submitted by March 5, 2013.
Recipients selected for the President's and Chancellor's Citations will be notified in mid April. Recipients selected for the Dean's Citations will be notified starting in May 2013. All applicants will receive notification by the end of August.
Scholarship funds for successful applicants will be applied to your student account upon confirmation of full-time registration at the U of A in September 2013.