- Value: up to $50,000
- Application Open: October 1, 2014
- Closing Deadline: December 15, 2014
- Approximately 60 scholarships are available
The Scholastic Distinction Scholarship Program recognizes the top academic students from across Canada and around the world. The Scholastic Distinction Scholarships are among the most valuable and prestigious undergraduate scholarships awarded by the University of Alberta.
How to Apply
- The online awards application is available through Bear Tracks or you can go directly to the site by clicking here.
- Students must have applied for admission to a degree program to the University of Alberta. You will receive a Campus Computing ID (CCID) and password through this process and must use this to access the application.
- Reference information:
- Reference information must be completed and submitted online through the secure site. Referees will receive an auto-generated email to the email address provided by the applicant on the online student application form only after the applicant has filled out the referee portion. Reference letters in any other format (in-person, mailed, faxed or emailed) will NOT be accepted.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to contact the referee prior to the deadline to make sure that they have received access to the online secure site.
- The referee must be an official school representative (the University of Alberta reserves the right to verify any information submitted). Please give your reference at least 1-2 weeks time to complete the information.
- References must be submitted through the online site by December 15, 2014.
Recipients selected for the President's, Chancellor's, and Dean's Citations will be notified in March. All applicants will receive notification by March.
Scholarship funds for successful applicants will be applied to your student account upon confirmation of full-time registration at the U of A in September 2015.