Entrance Leadership Scholarship Competition
The Entrance Leadership Scholarship competition recognizes students who demonstrate exceptional leadership through school and community involvement while maintaining superior academic standing.
- Value: up to $20,000
- Application Open: October 1, 2015
- Closing Deadline: December 15, 2015
- Approximately 100 scholarships available
- apply to an undergraduate degree program from high school at the University of Alberta in September 2016
- possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated by community service and involvement
- present a minimum 80% average and be admissible to your program of choice. Please refer to admission averages for more information
What we are looking for:
Leadership is more than participation in extracurricular activities. We are looking for well-rounded leaders who demonstrate strong leadership qualities and depth of involvement in their communities. Leaders are people who take action, show initiative, and go above and beyond what is expected.
A well-rounded leader will:
- Hold key leadership roles
- Participate in a variety of activities
- Take initiative
- Have both community and school involvement
- Have become progressively more involved over time
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment
- Have a well rounded distribution of leadership activities that span across your high school career
We will notify all applicants of the competition results in March. Scholarship funds for successful applicants will be applied to your student account upon confirmation of full-time registration at the U of A in September 2016.