Entrance Leadership Scholarship Competition
- Value: up to $20,000
- Application Open: January 7, 2013
- Closing Deadline: March 5, 2013
- Approximately 100 scholarships available
The Entrance Leadership Scholarship competition recognizes students who demonstrate exceptional leadership through school and community involvement while maintaining superior academic standing.
- be entering an undergraduate degree program from high school at the University of Alberta in September 2013
- possess exceptional leadership qualities as demonstrated by community service and involvement
- have an award average of 80% or higher based on Grade 11 and/or Grade 12 final marks [+][–]
What we are looking for:
Leadership is more than participation in extracurricular activities. We are looking for well-rounded leaders who demonstrate strong leadership qualities and depth of involvement in their communities. Leaders are people who take action, show initiative, and go above and beyond what is expected.
Vanessa, Cameron, and Mariam are three first-year UAlberta students who set themselves up for success by applying for the Entrance Leadership Scholarship while still in high school. Learn more »
A well-rounded leader will:
- Hold key leadership roles
- Participate in a variety of activities
- Take initiative
- Have both community and school involvement
- Have become progressively more involved over time
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment
- Have a well rounded distribution of leadership activities that span across your high school career
How to Apply
- The application is available through Bear Tracks or you can go directly to the site by clicking here. Students must have applied for admission to a degree program to the University of Alberta. You will receive a CCID and password through this process and must use this to access the application.
- Transcripts must be original and will only be accepted by submitting in-person or by mail (faxed and e-mailed copies will not be accepted)
- Alberta students: Alberta Learning course/mark inquiry must be provided
- Non-Albertan students: Official high school or Department of Education transcript must be provided
- Please send transcripts to:
- Entrance Leadership Scholarship Competition
Student Awards Office
120 Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2M7
- Reference information:
- 2 letters of reference are required for your Entrance Leadership Scholarship application.
- Reference information must be completed and submitted online through a secure site. Referees will receive an auto-generated email to the email address provided by the applicant on the online student application form. Reference letters in any other format (in-person, mailed, faxed or emailed) will NOT be accepted.
- Reference must be able to speak to the applicant’s leadership qualities and involvement. Please give your reference at least 1-2 weeks time to complete the information.
- Be submitted by March 5, 2013
- There is a step sheet available: Entrance Leadership Competition Step Sheet
We will notify all applicants of the competition results in late April 2013. Scholarship funds for successful applicants will be applied to your student account upon confirmation of full-time registration at the U of A in September 2013.