The application consists of two parts: your application as a student, and that of your supervisor. As part of the online application, you will be required to upload current, official transcripts of all your post-secondary studies.
The application process is as follows:
- The student fills out Part 1 of Form 202 on the NSERC website
- The supervisor (who must be a current NSERC grant holder) fills out Part 2 of Form 202
- The supervisor submits the application into the NSERC system
- The supervisor provides the faculty/department with a hard copy of the application for internal review by the deadline set by the specific faculty/department. (Please contact your faculty or department for further details).
- Those students who are forwarded as recommended applicants (within the quota allowed to each department) will be contacted and offered the NSERC.
Applications must be completed electronically via the NSERC On-line System Login
. View the NSERC USRA Application Information
for details on procedures and required information to complete the application. If you experience any difficulties logging in, please contact NSERC at 1-613-947-0428.