Prior to your Enrolment Date, you can build a draft schedule in Bear Tracks, using the Schedule Builder feature. (You will first need to accept your offer and pay your tuition deposit, if applicable.) Researching course options and creating a schedule without time conflicts can be a lot of work, so drafting a schedule in advance is highly recommended!
On or after your Enrolment Date, you can transfer your draft schedule (Schedule Builder) to your real schedule (My Class Schedule) without having to find and add your courses again. This will allow you to enrol more quickly once registration opens, which gives you a better chance of getting into the classes you want before they fill up.
To transfer your draft schedule to My Class Schedule once registration opens, go to Academics > Enrol / Add.
Tips for building a schedule:
- Note which courses have the fewest sections (and/or are required for your degree), and build those into your timetable first.
- Register for both Fall and Winter term courses at the same time, in the spring.
- Note that some courses are two-term (six-credit) courses; ensure that you register for both sections together.
- For courses that also have labs, consider taking lectures early in the day and labs later in the day, or vice-versa.
Engineering students in their Qualifying Year must follow instructions for Engineering Timetable Patterns.
- Note that some class schedules may result in conflicting exam times. Use the Exam Planner to determine the dates and times of final exams and avoid conflicts. This information can also be found in Bear Tracks using the "Tentative Exam Schedule" link on the Schedule Builder page.