Financial Holds

All students are expected to clear any outstanding financial holds from their records in a timely manner.

If you have a financial hold (i.e., fine) on your record, you will not be able to:

  • Register for classes
  • Obtain or order your official transcripts
  • Obtain your degree parchment
  • Obtain or order your Certificate of Degree

You are advised to clear the hold on your record with the appropriate department(s) as soon as possible. Please note that depending on a department's resources, the hold may not clear off your record for one to two business days. Keep this in mind when Add/Drop deadlines are approaching; you may wish to inform the department that you need to register, so that department staff can clear the fine off your record as soon as possible.

Department Information:

  • For information on clearing Library fines, call Cameron Library: (780) 492-8440. You can also leave a voice mail at (780) 492-3683, or consult the library website for more information.
  • For information on clearing fines with the Chemistry Store, call: (780) 492-4781. You can pay your fine in person at W1-32 Chemistry.
  • For information on clearing fines associated to Emergency Loans (Student Financial Support), call (780) 492-3113, or visit Student Connect. Note: Payments are made at Financial Services (3rd floor Administration). It is imperative you inform the staff that your payment must be applied to Emergency Loans.
  • For information on clearing fines with Residence Services, call: (780) 492-4281, 1-044 Lister Centre. Consult the Residence Services website for more information. Note: Payment can be made at any housing office.
  • For information on clearing fines with Parking Services, call:(780) 492-PARK (7275), 1-051 Lister Centre. Note: If you pay your outstanding fine by personal cheque, be aware that it will take three weeks to clear. Consult the Parking Services website for more information.
  • For information on clearing fines with Financial Services, visit their office on the 3rd Floor of the Administration Building, or call: 780/492-3000. Consult the Financial Services website for information on Tuition and Fees.

For information on University Policy regarding Overdue Accounts, please refer to the University Calendar.