Ordering an Official Transcript
There are three ways to order an Official Transcript:
- Current students and former students who have maintained their online access can submit a request for Official Transcripts on Bear Tracks (under the 'Academics' menu, select 'My Academics,' and 'Transcript/Unofficial Transcript.'). All other students may submit a hard copy request to the Office of the Registrar.
- By completing the Transcript Request Form (PDF) or submitting a letter requesting your transcript. The transcript request can be submitted using our Contact Form. The subject needs to be Transcripts and Certificates and you must attach your signed request before submitting. Alternatively, you may mail or fax it to:
Office of the Registrar
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2M7
Canada Fax: 780-492-7172
- Official Transcripts can be requested in-person at Student Connect located on the main floor of the Administration Building. You will need to bring valid photo identification (University of Alberta ONEcard, passport, or driver's license). Most in-person requests can be processed immediately.
Please ensure you include the following information in your request for an Official Transcript:
- Full name (and any previous names)
- University of Alberta ID number (if known)
- Date of birth
- Full mailing address
- Number of copies required
- Full address to which each transcript should be sent
- Your signature
Your transcript is confidential and can only be released at your request. To ensure security and privacy, transcript requests will not be accepted over the telephone or via e-mail. Transcripts are official documents and we require you to sign in to your secure Bear Tracks account or your signature to release them. Since Official Transcripts include security features they cannot be faxed.
Please Note: Official Transcripts and other forms of certification are released only after any outstanding accounts with any department at the University of Alberta have been settled. For more information on clearing your outstanding accounts, please refer to Clearing Holds on your Records.
There is no charge to obtain your Official Transcript. If you require priority post, special delivery or courier service, please provide a prepaid envelope, contact your courier service to arrange prepayment, or include credit card information in the spaces provided on the Transcript Request Form. If you require transcripts by a given deadline, please remember to allow time for postal delivery and submit your request in advance.
For couriers that deliver to a Post Office Box outside of Canada, a street address and a telephone number must be provided. Couriers may not be deliverable to the destination unless these pieces of information are provided.
Issuing your Official Transcript
When you submit a request for Official Transcript, you may indicate whether you desire to have your transcripts issued immediately or after grades are approved by the Dean or after degree is awarded. If you require Official Transcript to be sent after grades are approved, please note the following:
|Student Registered in:
||Approved grades available in:
|Fall Term only
|Both Fall/Winter Terms
|Winter Term only
|Spring Term only
|Both Spring/Summer Terms
|Summer Term only
Augustana Faculty Students
If you completed post-secondary studies at Augustana Faculty (Camrose) prior to September 2006 and then continued your studies at the U of A you can request your official transcript in Bear Tracks. The U of A portion of your academic record will be produced and mailed by the Registrar's Office in Edmonton. The Augustana Registrar's Office will be advised of your request and will produce and mail the Augustana portion of your academic record.
If you only attended post-secondary studies prior to September 2006 at Augustana Faculty (Camrose) you need to complete a hard-copy Transcript Request Form from the Office of the Registrar at Augustana.
If you require your Official Transcripts in separate, sealed envelopes for a third party, please include this in your mailing instructions. The envelope may only be opened by the third party and will be rendered invalid if opened by the student.
Official Transcripts can normally be issued within three business days after submitting your request through Bear Tracks or receipt of the signed paper request.