Official Transcripts

There are four ways to order a printout of your University of Alberta Official Transcript:

  1. Bear Tracks 
    Under the 'Academics' menu, select 'My Academics,' then 'Transcript/Unofficial Transcript.’ Requests submitted through Bear Tracks can normally be fulfilled within three business days. If you no longer have access to Bear Tracks, see Option 2.
  2. Paper/PDF form
    Complete the Transcript Request Form (PDF) and submit it to Student Connect in one of the following ways:
    • Via the online Contact Form (Please choose “Transcripts and Certificates” as the subject line and attach your signed form.)
    • By mail or fax, or in person (see contact info).
  3. Online request for pickup
    Fill out our new online form and pick up your transcripts the next business day. Go to form »
  4. In person at Student Connect 
    You can also request your transcripts in person, at Student Connect, without having to fill out the form. You will need to bring valid photo identification (University of Alberta ONEcard, passport, or driver's license). For business hours see contact info.

Important notes about transcripts:

If you require your Official Transcripts in separate, sealed envelopes for a third party, please include this in your mailing instructions. The envelope may only be opened by the third party and will be rendered invalid if opened by the student.

Official Transcripts and other forms of certification are released only after any outstanding accounts with any department at the University of Alberta have been settled. For more information on clearing your outstanding accounts, please refer to Financial Holds.

There is no charge to obtain your Official Transcript. If you require priority post, special delivery, or courier service, please provide a prepaid envelope, contact your courier service to arrange prepayment, or include credit card information in the spaces provided on the Transcript Request Form (PDF). If you require transcripts by a given deadline, please remember to allow time for postal delivery and submit your request in advance.

For couriers that deliver to a Post Office Box outside of Canada, a street address and a telephone number must be provided. Couriers may not be deliverable to the destination unless these pieces of information are provided.

Issuing your Official Transcript

When you submit a request for Official Transcript, you may indicate whether you desire to have your transcripts issued immediately, after grades are approved by the Dean, or after degree is awarded. If you require Official Transcript to be sent after grades are approved, please note the following:

Student Registered in: Approved grades available in:
Fall Term only (no Winter registration) early February
Both Fall/Winter Terms early June
Winter Term only early June
Spring Term only (no Summer registration) early July
Both Spring/Summer Terms early September
Summer Term only early September

Augustana Faculty Students

If you completed post-secondary studies at Augustana Faculty (Camrose) prior to September 2006 and then continued your studies at the U of A you can request your official transcript in Bear Tracks. The U of A portion of your academic record will be produced and mailed by the Registrar's Office in Edmonton. The Augustana Registrar's Office will be advised of your request and will produce and mail the Augustana portion of your academic record.

If you only attended post-secondary studies prior to September 2006 at Augustana Faculty (Camrose) you need to complete a hard-copy Transcript Request Form from the Augustana Office of the Registrar.