UAlberta Ambassadors and Senior UAlberta Ambassadors must be:
- Current students in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA);
- Excellent public speakers and communicators;
- Able to commit a minimum of three hours per week.
The UAlberta Ambassador Program is a year-long volunteer commitment, from May 2017 to April 2018 (exceptions made for study abroad, co-op, and practicum placements). There are a number of events that UAlberta Ambassadors will be required to attend throughout the year. Before you apply, please check your calendar to ensure you are available!
- UAlberta Ambassador Welcome Lunch: April 13, 2017 (12 p.m. - 2 p.m.)
The summer season is one of the busiest for the Campus Visit Program; however, if you are not available in the summer due to prior commitments but still wish to participate in the Fall/Winter Terms, please indicate so on your application and we will try to accommodate you.
- UAlberta Ambassador Summer Training: May 6-7, 2017
- Summer Ambassador Team Meetings: June 21 and August 9, 2017
Fall 2017 / Winter 2018
Availability and participation in the Fall and Winter Terms is required.
- UAlberta Ambassador Fall Training: September 9, 10 and 16, 2017
- Open House Training: October 20, 2017
- Open House: October 21, 2017
- Full Team Meetings:
- November 26, 2017
- January 14, 2018
- February 11, 2018
- March 25, 2018